A fire occurred in the building of the parliament’s lower house (Majlisi Namoynadagon) on Saturday.

According to the Interior Ministry’s website, the Dushanbe fire department received call about the fire in the parliament building on March 18 at 7:27 am. 

Two firefighting crews were engaged in extinguishing the fire that broke out in one of offices for receiving citizens.  The fire was extinguished quickly and no injured was reported, the website said.

According to the preliminary data, the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.  One of computer cables reportedly got heated up and melted in a circuit.